[foodhackingbase] recipes, wiki structure and other + water kefir and ginger beer plant

Daniel Kolbus kolbus.daniel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 16:20:21 CET 2014

Hi all,

Just wanted to give an update on my issue with water kefir grains that
didn't work. Well, I would say they work pretty OK now. I added some dried
fruit and a slight knife edge baking soda and a few tiny bits of lemon to
the grain solution. After a few days there were some bubbles and the taste
was less sweet. I continued with the second fermentation without grains
containing dried fruit and lemon in a sealed bottle and it resulted in a
fizzy drink with grape tone after a few days. I guess I succeeded!?

In addition, I continue with my fermented porridge originally made from the
water kefir grain supernatant. I has a slight taste of sour milk but the
texture is of course more grainy (mix of oat, rye, spelt and barley). I eat
it cold for breakfast together with some sweet topping and crunched nuts.
Works well for me!

Regards
Daniel