[Foodhacking_at_camp] update on food hacking base

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 21 14:49:19 CEST 2011

>>Hi Phill and others,
>>Answers in the email.

----- Original Message ----
From: "phillip at bailey.st" <phillip at bailey.st>
To: foodhacking_at_camp at lists.hackerspaces.org
Sent: Thu, July 21, 2011 1:17:50 PM
Subject: Re: [Foodhacking_at_camp] update on food hacking base

Hi Frantisek,

Thanks for this update, as I'm coming to the CCC by plane I don't have
any chance to bring ingredients with me, except of some spices. So I'm
asking how we will manage the to have all the ingredients on the spot?

Who will take care to buy them? For how many people we need to prepare?
How many Shift I'm supposed to make?

>>I'll be probably doing most of the shopping with who ever is interested to come
>>along, people can be also send to do shopping, doesn't >>matter too much as long
>>as the budget is kept. I'll be arriving to the Berlin on 3th of August starting
>>to prepare everything necessary.
>>
>>So you/others state what you would like to prepare, when and for how  many. We
>>will have to "sit down" and sort out the type and >>amount of ingredients needed
>>then we will buy  it (I'm fine to do the shopping in group but we will have to
>>check out on the transport). If >>someone loves to do shopping he/she can do it
>>regularly. I plan to do shopping on daily bases, probably even twice a day or so
>>.
>>

>>We are suppose to feed on daily bases 40-50 people, with 11th of August
>>(Thursday) having an open party fore whole camp. It is going >>to be probably
>>quite pretty hot there so light meals will be preferred I think which sounds
>>right down your alley. I think that if you can >>prepare 2-3 dishes during the
>>shift, with 3-5 people on the shift we should be fine. We will see how it goes.
>>I wonder how much >>experience do you have with community kitchens? Do you feel
>>like taking a "charge" of a shift? I do not consider being a shift leader >>some
>>"special" position it is mostly for coordinational purposes like keeping an eye
>>on what has to be bought, how many meals are out >>etc. Which times do you
>>prefer?  Maybe 8 hours is way to long and 6 or 4 hours shifts would be better
>>... We need to make some wiki >>for the shifts, dishes and ingredients.
>>

>>You should consider how much time you would like to spend by preparing food in
>>general to start from the same applies to the others.

Please, below you can find some of the basic ingredients that I need for
preparing at least a few dishes. Can you guarantee this ingredients?

Fresh Red tomatoes
Fresh basil
Olive Oil
Spaghetti
Parmesan cheese
Fresh onions
Fresh garlic
Black Pepper grains
Tomato Sauce (no ketchup!!!)
Olives

>> Any of these shouldn't be a problem, maybe getting good spaghetti will take up
>>some time ...

In the meantime my best regards,

Phillip

>> Looking forward to hear back from you,

>> Sincerely,

>> Frantisek

PS I'll be around all Thursday on 11th to prepare for the event.

On 07/21/2011 01:32 PM, Frantisek Apfelbeck wrote:
> [...]

> time. This continues process will take off the pressure of preparing things on

> request or some certain time. I'll have to find who has what allergies and who

> is raw vegan, vegan etc. Do you have some list for the people coming? How can I
>
> contact them or the vica versa? I think that what we are going to cook will be

> influenced a lot by who is going to join. I'd like to have 3-4 meals clear for

> every day in advance and just make up the rest as we go, deciding on most of
>the
>
> for example 12 hours in advance and creating some just as experiments on
> momentary bases. I like the way when people take the meal as their project and

> prepare it from the start to the end, teaching preferable the others interested
>
> in how to do it. I want to have a nice relaxed atmospheric of group cooking non
>
> some crazy madness (well 11th Thursday will be bit crazy I guess :-)).
>

> Equipment
>
> I've made a wish list and left it with Jeedi (c-base member involved in the
> ccc-camp preparation) who is looking for the references on availability and
> price for renting. There were updates based on preferences of people on the
>food
>
> hacking list already, most of them are in the realm of things which I plan to
> get on the spot when I come. I've to get back to Jeedi within 2-3 days.
>

> Brewing
>
> I'll be intensively brewing every day from the moment I touch the German soil
> and there will be fermented non alcoholic beverages ranging from ginger ale to

> various types of kombucha, kvas etc. available at the buffet every day.
>

> Questions
>

> Do you know someone who could help me with the shift signing procedure,
>creating
>
> a online log/web?
>
> How to contact people concerning their food allergies and intolerances,veganism
>
> etc.?
>
> Wine. I've a chance to get very good wine from local producer (my friend
>cousin)
>
> who's wine cellar I've personally checked and it was really good, even if I do

> not remember all the details (like three hour drive back to Prague ...). 1 l
>was
>
> for 1.2 EU :-)) I would like to get maybe 50 l Miller Turquel (white can not
> find how it is written) and 50 l of Frankovka (red). I may ask hackers from
> Bratislava to bring it to me or guys from Prague. I think it would be nice to
> have good wine with food.
>
> Where can I get equipment for building parts of the kitchen? We need to
>dedicate
>
> some money from the budget for materials to make the inner round table, washing
>
> facility, some barbecue etc. nothing major, I would gess that 100-200 EU should
>
> do it.
>
> Well here it goes. Please hit me with the answers it may take me few days to

Smooth-Sec, multi threaded IDS/IPS linux distribution.
www.bailey.st