[Foodhacking_at_camp] update 16:00 06/08/2011

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 6 16:06:57 CEST 2011

Hi to All,
I've been off line from Thursday evening, making some "fact on the grounds" happen.

We have got most of the equipment for the food hacking base bought already. We hope that during the camp we will be able to find buyers for all the staff so we will recover the costs later on. If you fancy anything which you will be using and would like to have a "hackers on the plain" or "food hacking base" talisman just let me know and I'll book it for you (asking for cash directly, same price as it was bought for). If you do need something what we do not have, please let me know asap (probably when you arrive) and we will try to get it. If you are willing to buy it at the end of the camp that would be great!

Today we should be starting to buy construction material for the food hacking base build up. We will get rid of the central round table for the sake of free movement around and the base will be not circular but hexagonal so it's much more easy to build.

It's confirmed that we will have running water and sort of drainage (hall in the sandy ground).

I'd like to ask everyone to keep an eye on the wikies because I'll be not really able to do so for the next few days, the Internet connection may happen by tomorrow evening. Please do not assign more than three dishes per shift with exception of Thursday because we want to have space for experimenting. We can assign dishes under tag "experimental" which means that they may or may not happen.

Please note, NO burgers allowed at the camping ground! That is an official announcement of camp organisers (they got I think a private entity taking care about burger catering).

I'll try to answer some emails now, if I do not, I'm sorry.

Sincerely,

Frantisek