[foodhacking] updates Sunday 24/11/2013, crowdsourcing campaign

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 24 13:38:35 CET 2013

Hi to all,
Again short overview of the updates, the first topic about crowdsourcing campaigns is especially on my hearth, please comment lets discuss it.

*** Our crowdsourcing campaign, one will be run soon to get our funds for 30c3, second I would like to run during 30c3 as already part of the Food Hacking Base and Dancing Drops (associated group which we run here in Korea) joined tour. The first campaign for 30c3 may be aiming for 1500 eu all for fhb, what do you think? Second would be aimed for 5000 eu and split between the two groups, I'm very hesitant what ratio to choose. I would like to see fhb ending with lets say 1000 eu in plus after the event and tour, taking 4000 eu if earned by touring would be fine with me. Personally I would be happy with that but if I imagine that we for example get all 5000 eu directly at 30c3 (which I do not really expect), than claiming 4000 eu of that for Dancing Drops would be unappropriated from my point of view, however reaching the tour goal before really hitting the road would decrease our chances to rise money on the tour. Also running three campaigns within two
 months seems to me overkill. I really do not know. What I do know that whole trip and tour which will take around 6 weeks will cost me and my girlfriend above 3000 if not 3500 eu (not too bad I think, but we will have to keep quite strict about expenses), which we need to cover during the trip, any extra cash would be used later on promoting food hacking etc. but surplus is not necessary, desired yes, mandatory no. So please on this topic ideas are more than welcome especially from people who were really involved in organization and running of the previous events because they definitely have what to say to that. We have to reach consensus at least between people who are directly involved and are/were spending energy to promote and make fhb happened.

*** I believe that I've cleaned our fhb wiki

https://foodhackingbase.org/wiki/Special:AllPages
https://foodhackingbase.org/wiki/Special:ActiveUsers

lets do our best to keep it like that! I'm now looking for the ways how to increase the protection against spammers and how to take care about the proper displaying of uploaded photos, we can not adjust resolution at the moment.

*** I did some minor changes to the crowdsourcing campaign proposal also adding suggestions for rewards, Marcel's kimchi option is not there yet, he can go forward of course and add it :-)

https://pads.mwfc.info/p/food_hacking_base_30c3_crowd_sourcing_campaign

*** More items were added to the equipment/wish list by Marcel, updated version is here

https://foodhackingbase.org/wiki/Fhb_at_30c3_-_preparation

tomorrow I plan to move it to the 30c3 wiki

*** The creation of the "subpages" of our assembly at 30c3 was sorted by orga (many thanks to Nexus), I've tested creating and updating these two pages

https://events.ccc.de/congress/2013/wiki/AssemblyInfo:Food_Hacking_Base/Support_Us
https://events.ccc.de/congress/2013/wiki/AssemblyInfo:Food_Hacking_Base/Budget

this is the model/syntax which we should fallow since now on, except workshops and projects from what I know

*** Eunha is officially part of our assembly, and she has created the draft for the makgeolli workshop, it will be uploaded tomorrow I hope

*** Not sure if I'm not repeating myself, but I've secured funds to back us up temporarily if we run a crowdsourcing campaign and the money transfers are bit late (up to the amount which we rise, lets say 1500 eu). All has to be cleared before the end of the congress. I do hope that we will need to rely on that but if necessary it is an option.

I do hope that this is all for now, tomorrow I hope to upload more info on the 30c3 wikie's and make them bit more "sexi" adding photos and so on, also updating the crowdsourcing proposal, creating most likely campaign on Indiegogo.

Talk to you soon,

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck

biotechnologist&kvasir and hacker

http://www.frantisekapfelbeck.org