[foodhacking] fhb proposal summary added to wiki read please

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 4 09:14:48 CEST 2013

Hi to all,
The summary of the proposal for the Food Hacking Base for OHM 2013 (overview where we are at now) is up on the wiki under the "temporary" section, copy is below.

https://ohm2013.org/wiki/Village:Food_Hacking_Base/Temporary

I hope that you will find time to go through that and discuss it, edit it etc. I would recommend to consent on it latest by 8th or 9th of June.

Many thanks for your contributions,

Talk to you all soon,

Sincerely,

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck

biotechnologist&kvasir and hacker

PS Copy of the project proposal summary

Summary of project proposal, 4th of June 2013
This is a proposal, each point is opened to discussion by community. It should be consent on by 7-8th of June so we have till than.
	* Support_Us - done, link to crowd sourcing project/campaign will be added when ready. If you support fhb by €50 or more, you have free access to our breakfast, lunch and dinner meals, plus workshop? How does it sound? What about people who donates less, what shall we share with them? It is quite generous I would say, should make people happy and it would give us so much needed cash in advance. I would say that we would in the worst brake even on such an offer from financial point of view because generally even people who donated before donate later on again and they do not come for all the events/meals. However they should state if they want to attend the meals and if they want to come to specific workshops, if they do not, especially for the later than we would not consider them coming (so we do not over prepare).
	* Inhabitants, more people who are participating should be signed in, I will remind them.
	* Budget - we have still €45-50 to go to cover the invoice for basic facilities. The public donation campaign will be launched latest on 15th of June 2013 based on direct donations by Paypal and crowd sourcing. Target is €500-1000 for operational budget to get before 15th of July 2013. Any idea how to make biggest impact&profit are welcome!
	* Workshops - If you give workshop you get free entrance to the breakfast, lunch and dinner for the day. You share with FHB 50% (or more :-) of the profit (after the cost of ingredients is subtracted) if not agreed otherwise, flexibility and understanding one situation is important here. It would be good to have at least six scheduled workshops before we start the campaign (15th of June).
	* Projects - we have Just add mate with Lurwah, Mwfc and Algoldor involved. Vegan Cooking with fathin organizing this one. Daily Catering which is our food&beverage preparation scheme with certainly fathin and Algoldor involved and others later on ... Brewing is coordinated by Algoldor, so is at the moment the project Cold Room. There will be at least one more project added - the "kombucha granma" which will be focused on creation of a huge kombucha SCOBY, coordinated under the Brewing project (the kombucha will definitely get a lots of attention, therefore it is "separe").
	* Gear - we need to add more gear which we need based on the project needs, workshops and general catering.
	* Daily Catering - three meals per day, breakfast (8-10 am), lunch 12:00-13:30 and dinner starting around 20:00 or 20:30. Basic suggested donation €5 per meal, preferably bit more. Who gives workshop has free meals that day, who donates above €50 to fhb, gets free breakfast, lunch and dinner during the event.

	* Things which we progressed on:
- we are in touch now with the orga kitchen coordinator of OHM 2013, he is open minded about joining him for some of the shopping, that is a big help because it means access to the large amount low cost supermarkets, plus transport of the supplies.
- friend of mine Arnd, who is a hacker living in Amsterdam has a car and he is willing to help out a bit with the logistic, details has to be discussed. Also he is a beer brewer so we are now discussing a beer brewing workshop which I would like him to lead at fhb. I'm trying to find out what are the chances of using some of his gear during the congress for brewing. He has been involved with fhb since the beginning by the way :-)
- my talk ( Algoldor) was confirmed by the orga so we will have fhb event on a main OHM 2013 program. I would like to repeat the talk at fhb too, if there is time for it (it should)

	* Things which need to be done and are due:

- FHB logo - who is willing to create some proposal? I ( Algoldor) will do one, to have at least three would be nice ...
- proposal of 3D model of FHB - has to be done, I (Algoldor) have a problem with Google Sketch installation, however I will make and share it before 7th of June
- crowd sourcing platform - looks like that Kickstarter is not for us (we do not fulfill the criteria), therefore we need other one. Could you recommend Mwfc, would you like to coordinate that one? Others wanting to help out?
- wiki page for the party which is proposed for the second day has to be added
- how to distinguish people who donated to fhb over €50 and are therefore entitled for free meal? Batch? The same for the party on the second day?
- what will be our "rewards" for people who donate to us some sum of cash? Matelade, batch, sticker? How many for what donation, just brief idea?
- well what is not here and should?

http://www.frantisekapfelbeck.org