[hs-equality] Chauvinism and PyCon

Seth Woodworth seth at sethish.com
Sun Mar 31 22:10:07 CEST 2013

I think that PyCon acted quickly and appropriately, and I am very please
about the python community discussions I have seen.  They have been
positive progressive discussions about improving the community via
education.

PyCon has added a clause to their code of conduct disallowing future
actions of public shaming for rulebreaking (ex: Adria posting the image
directly to twitter).  I'm pretty sure that was the right move for PyCon,
but it may make the process of reporting unacceptable behavior to staff
less clear.

Does anyone have recommendations for instructions on reporting
{sex|gender|age|able}ism in events/spaces to organizers and any guidance
for organizers on how to respond appropriately?

--Seth