[hackerspaces] Hackerspace and hackerspace

Walter van Holst walter at revspace.nl
Tue Mar 20 10:12:30 CET 2018

On 2018-03-19 22:59, Matt Joyce wrote:
> Pretty sure your attempts to tie hacking to activism are as hilarious
> now as they were in the 80s.
>
> Except when they weren't funny at all and good people died.
>
> Some of us have no desire for that unpleasantness and will not seek it
> out.  Thanks.

Oh, look, someone is trying to revive the dead trope of "I´m not
political" again.

Name just one hackerspace in Europe in the 80's that was not tied to
political activism. The ones in the Netherlands all had firm ties to the
squatter movement.

You may disagree with that part of the political spectrum (I sure as
hell do), but the old anarchists muttering about the hacker scene being
co-opted by (neo-)liberals bloody well have a point and there´s zero
need to be a dick about that.

Regards,

  Walter