[hackerspaces] How do you take decisions

Joshua Pritt ramgarden at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 22:46:41 CEST 2017

Yep depends on the decision.  Here's some recent examples from Melbourne
Makerspace in FL:

1. Projector died. Needed for classes.  One member just went and bought one
for ~$600 new.  Since we don't have enough extra in our coffers to pay for
it then we'll pass the hat around and pay him back slowly over time for as
big a portion as we can.
2. Move to a bigger space?  All hands meeting with report from treasurer
showing our income vs expenses with old space rent/bills and new space
rent/bills.  We had to hold off for a few months until we got a few more
members.  Then we met again and saw we could do it so we did it.