[hackerspaces] How to optimize the space

Romedius Weiss me at romediusweiss.com
Tue Jul 18 23:17:58 CEST 2017

Hi!

A few things that helped us:

# Standardized labeled boxes
All member and big project boxes are IKEA - Expedit/Kallax sized.
  * member boxes are black
  * shared boxes are white
  * snack boxes are red
All tools and supply part boxes are IKEA Samla boxes.
Screws and electronic parts are in stackable sorting systems

# Build your own shelfs
... just to use the space as well as possible

# get foldable tables
We have foldable tables and benches for tuesday meetings and soldering
workshops, so we can use our metal working workshop space for more people.

Pics:
https://twitter.com/ItSyndikat/status/883704877695762436
https://twitter.com/ItSyndikat/status/854736035263250433

We are not one of the cleanest spaces, but we manage to store a lot of
donations, parts and equipment in a way that it gets found when needed

Cheers, Romedius