[hackerspaces] How to optimize the space

Joshua Pritt ramgarden at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 00:50:03 CEST 2017

We also started in a small space at Melbourne Makerspace. We built a loft
for storing things we didn't use every day. It was basically a wooden deck
with 6 4x4 posts that we could also stand under with the woodworking tools.
Also we made sure to label the spare parts that were chosen for a future
project with the member's name and date. If the date got over many months
we'd ask that member to put it in their storage box or take it home or it
was getting chucked out.
We also had "nerd" rummage sales and auctions for people to buy our old
computers and monitors, etc.
We installed many levels of wire shelves to organize our member storage and
other bins for parts storage.  Another idea is to make sure every table has
some sort of storage built underneath if possible.