[hackerspaces] Matrx group chat channels

Walter van Holst walter at revspace.nl
Sat Jul 8 23:07:37 CEST 2017

On 08/07/2017 21:58, Big Smile wrote:

>> Or devices coming back from hibernation. It is a horrible UX.
>
> You need to set clients priorities to correspond to your need.

No, I don't need to do that. Because those priorities are also changing
over time. Frequently. I need a protocol and implementations of it that
allow for transparent synchronisation. XMPP isn't one that does that and
the people involved with it stubbornly refuse to acknowledge a rather
well known user need.

And don't get me started on the abomination that is OTR slapped on top
of XMPP.

The only people that "need" anything are stubborn coders that have to
learn to accept it when a user says they want some functionality that
telling them their wish isn't legitimate isn't the right answer.

Regards,

 Walter