[hackerspaces] PLASMA ARCLIGHTER - hacked

overflo flo at tekstix.com
Wed Aug 16 19:06:02 CEST 2017

ohai zielgruppe!

i did read on hackaday about this guy (podecoet /ultrakeet [0]) who
modified cheap plasma lighters to play music.
i really liked that idea and ordered myself such a lighter.. but it
turns out the PCB is completely different from the original thing and i
had to rewrite a large part of the code to ork on these new revisions.
it became a community project at the metalab hackerspace and some people
contributed their ideas, software-improvements and suggestions to the
project.

i talked to podecoet before getting into this effort and he is fine with
me offering pre-modified lighters.

so.. long story short
i offer those lighters for sale now.
i make them by hand, one at a time.
they are available in metallic blackish, gold, and rainbow colors.

so far, i got the cantina band tune or the imperial march playing.

i will release the source code and write ups real soon now.
unfortunately the project itself is not very hackable without removing
the MCU and replacing it with another part.

This is the very first "production run" that i will give a try.
I spent a lot of work on the software side and debugging the chinese
schematics and the result is good enough.

But please do not consider this a commercial product as they are all
handassembled and tested by myself.
They come with lots of love, tears, sweat and burned skin from the
soldering iron on my hands :)

I sell one for 29,- euro + shipping (depending where you live, i am in
austria)

I only have time to assemble a very small quantity of those lighters.
First come, first serve. Please do contact me offlist.

I also run this webshop [4] where i offer them right now.

:*
-flo

[0] http://ultrakeet.com.au/write-ups/modulated-arc-lighter
[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmXfjsAStuc my projects introduction