[hackerspaces] What do you expect from a HS.o assembly at this year's Chaos Communication Congress?

Lasse Pommerenke housetier at nrrd.de
Wed Aug 16 15:35:28 CEST 2017

[last time I wrote]
> What's your take on this?

This year the idea of assemblies seems to have changed

=============================
The assemblies will be grouped thematically this year in order to foster
the growing together of communities/people/groups and to give more room
for content creation. Imagine your assembly from last year, but with a
stage, an auditorium and/or a workshop area next to it. These will be
the cyber compentence centres**. Together with others, your assembly
will take care of tasks like stage management, construction and
disassembly, curation of content, workshop selection and everything else
you want to get off the ground in your area of interest.
We were thinking we'd decorate these areas together with you and the
decoration team in order to make them comfy and to take into account
things like the acoustics, fire safety and so on.
BTW: Constructions larger than 30 sqm are possible but because of
reasons(tm) (again fire safety, general regulations, ...) they will
absolutely need to be discussed with us.
=============================

I don't see how we would need a stage for a simple HSo meetup. And I
fear --perhaps needlessly-- that stage and auditorium will lead to a lot
of background noise, much like the hackcenters from previous
cccongresses: they were very busy & productive but also very loud.

Anyway, I'll try and see if we can have our assembly in a much more
quiet zone to make talking with each other feasible.

Maybe we can merge with another assembly that just wants a quiet place
to meet&talk: infuanfu assembly will again merge with RU CERTs & CSIRTs
assemblies.

Regardless of merging: how many seats should we apply for?