[hackerspaces] Radio enthusiasts

Joshua Pritt ramgarden at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 15:32:11 CEST 2017

I think radio mesh networks for disaster recovery and emergency services is
a GREAT group project we could all work on at some point.
I wonder how far along this project got at the Makers Local 256 in
Huntsville, AL?
>From what I remember, there was a deep cycle marine battery on a hand truck
with a box full of the radio/wifi/etc and computer equipment and storage
drives with deploy-able solar panels on top to keep the battery topped up.
I think they had the software set up to auto-find other nodes and connect
and duplicate data in certain cases.
I can imagine rolling a few of these out over a city without power to get
radio and internet connections back up temporarily for emergencies.