[hackerspaces] List of must haves for Workshop Areas | Wood & Metal

pinoaffe at airmail.cc pinoaffe at airmail.cc
Wed Apr 5 19:51:03 CEST 2017

Hi,
Is the idea to start a collection of tools from scratch or to look
whether you're missing anything in a preexisting collection? I feel like
this list is quite big, maybe even too big to sensibly buy in one go.

Furthermore, if you have a bit of an eye for tools, you can get really
good old ones for cheap at flea markets, second hand shops and garage
sales(though you'll have to sharpen them and refurbish them a bit).

In my experience this works really good for chisels, gouges and planes
(since one can easily sharpen them).
Sharpening saws and the like on the other hand is an art by itself - a
new saw will most probably give you way better results.

Blessings,
Pino