[hackerspaces] Classes and costs

Christie Dudley christie at hackcounsel.com
Sun Sep 18 00:48:47 CEST 2016

Well, only about 75% bunk. :P

Whether the instructor is liable is up for debate, probably in court. It
would be a bad lawyer that didn't name the instructor AND the space, AND
the officers and directors.

The problem with a waiver is that it's very difficult to enforce in a
fairly open environment. Furthermore it it's more of a "belt and
suspenders" solution. (A lot of lawyers advocate for that and they're
just being lawyers... i.e. paranoid.) A sign on the wall has the same
effect and requires no enforcement - no collection and storage of forms,
no mapping signatures to people, etc. Then the only record-keeping is
when the sign went up. I would also assume that an instructor teaching
how to soldier would cover safety before the class started.

Ahh, I miss Ace Junkyard. (look it up. :P)

Christie