[hackerspaces] A CRM for Hackerspaces?

Altin Ukshini altin.ukshini at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 13:30:54 CEST 2016

Hey everyone,

Thank you all very much for your feedback!

I didn't leave this behind, I've been working on the CRM on my spare time...

Yes, Seltzer has been very helpful so far, and I've even modified it couple
of times for our needs at Prishtina Hackerspace.
I've published some of that code on these two repos:
- HACCSY: https://github.com/altinukshini/HACCSY
- Transactions (probably a bad naming, I ment "Fincances") module, it just
keeps track of some income and expenses (despite membership payments):
https://github.com/altinukshini/transaction_module

As far as I can see, most of us struggle with charging/billing/payments. If
that would be the main problem to solve, we might have to elaborate more on
how each of our spaces processes these kind of tasks. Here's a description
of how we deal with that at Prishtina Hackerspace:
http://piratepad.be/p/MyATTA0ClZ

I've opened the repo for the CRM and you can find the code on the following
link: https://github.com/altinukshini/hackerspacecrm
There's still some more work to be done for the core, including the
currently opened issues. I plan to use Caffeinated
<https://github.com/caffeinated/modules> modules package to enable others
to write modules for this CRM, but before that, I was thinking to write a
small module installer, so that people can use a gui interface to install
those modules.

Please note again that this is my first project in Laravel, and I've been
learning laravel while working on it, therefore you may find SOME crappy
stuff in there. Feel free to let me know how it could be done better, and
any suggestion is very much welcome! :)

Best,
Altin

__

*Altin Ukshini*
Prishtina Hackerspace
Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova (FLOSSK)

+386 (0) 49 199 992 | altinukshini.wordpress.com

PRNHS: info at prishtinahackerspace.org | www.prishtinahackerspace.org |
Manifesto
<http://wiki.prishtinahackerspace.org/wiki/The_Hackerspace_Manifesto>
FLOSSK: info at flossk.org | www.flossk.org