[hackerspaces] Harassment and anti-discrimation policies

Arclight arclight at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 22:26:15 CET 2016

The last comment is spot-on.  The actual bad actors know exactly who
they are and what they're doing.  No amount of policy, pledges or
"safe-space" declarations will change that.  People like that thrive
on discord, and are also masters at "just poking over the line" enough
to get themselves off, but not get arrested/banned per the letter of
policy, etc.

If you need something for your insurance carrier, come up with a very
generic policy that specifies behavior that is illegal being causes
for immediate termination, and unacceptable behavior subject to action
by the board.  Pass it at a board meeting if they find it acceptable.
 There's no need to enumerate every possible transgression that humans
will make against one another.  Getting rid of the bad apples quickly
and effectively should be the job of the board.

Arclight