[hackerspaces] Minor usage and student memberships

Joshua Pritt ramgarden at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 22:45:20 CEST 2016

At Melbourne Makerspace (FL USA) we only allow 18 or older to become a
member with a key to the space.
Minors can use the big tools only if they are supervised by a parent or
guardian and just like everyone else, after they have been "checked out" by
someone that knows how to use the tool properly without breaking it or
hurting themselves.
We offer student memberships at a discount to those that are 18 or older
and a student.
Qualified educators would also get the student discount (I would assume, we
need to discuss this at the next board member meeting.)