[hackerspaces] bring back the crime - "hacker" is starting to mean "creative entrepeneur"

Edward L Platt ed at elplatt.com
Tue Sep 22 03:18:55 CEST 2015

Would you like to be a hackerpreneur? For 10 easy payments of $13.37 you
can get my 7-part guide: "Be Excellent... Profit!"

Kisses and arduinos,
-Ed

On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 5:44 PM, michael howard <mik.howard at gmail.com>
wrote:

> mom and sister were discussing how "hacker" is related to "entrepreneur",
> asked me.

>> On 09/21/2015 04:50 PM, Lisha Sterling wrote:
>> >
>> > My favorite definition of Hacking is the one from St Jude. She said that
>> > hacking is the clever circumvention of obstacles whether those be in our
>> > (computer) systems, our ISPs, our governments or ourselves. I'd add that
>> > those obstacles may be in our environment or our culture as well.
>> >
>> > - lisha
>> >

>> Love it!
>>
>> ==
>> hk
>>
>> --
>>  _ _     We are free to share code and we code to share freedom
>> (_X_)yne Foundation, Free Culture Foundry * https://www.dyne.org/donate/

Edward L. Platt
PhD student, University of Michigan School of Information
https://elplatt.com
@elplatt <http://twitter.com/elplatt>
KC1DYK

Tips for stopping email overload:
https://hbr.org/2012/02/stop-email-overload-1

This digital electronic mail message was sent from my general-purpose
desktop personal computing machine.  Please forgive any overly-verbose,
long-winded, rambling prose.