[hackerspaces] Irving Texas student suspended for bringing a circuitry-control clock project to school

hellekin hellekin at dyne.org
Wed Sep 16 23:17:36 CEST 2015

On 09/16/2015 02:45 PM, Lokkju Brennr wrote:
> And, well...  that got a lot of traction fast:
> https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/644193755814342656

This thread gave me context to that tweet.  I am appalled that the
school establishment is frightened by ingenuity and talent and superior
knowledge so much they project their acquired fears of others and
terrorism on a child.  I am amazed that the President of the United
States of Air intervenes directly to stop the madness.  I'm
flabbergasted that the same people will willfully accept cars that can
be stopped remotely, "smartphones" that spy on them, televisions that
dumb them down, and all kind of aggressive, debilitating, invasive
corporate technologies without raising an eyebrow, just because it comes
from above in a nicely put package.

One has to be entirely brainwashed by TV series and action movies to
associate "clock" with "IED" (that's military for Improvised Explosive
Device).  Brains wiped clean.

==
hk

--
 _ _     We are free to share code and we code to share freedom
(_X_)yne Foundation, Free Culture Foundry * https://www.dyne.org/donate/