[hackerspaces] Irving Texas student suspended for bringing a circuitry-control clock project to school

Samir Cury samircurys at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 15:41:36 CEST 2015

That reminds me of a similar case with software several years ago --
student was suspicious of digital crime because "he knew too much". What's
even more interesting is that one of the reasons to suspect him was that he
uses a "black screen with white font which he uses prompt commands on".

There are longer versions but here's a short one :

http://news.slashdot.org/story/09/04/14/193217/college-police-think-using-linux-is-suspicious-behavior