[hackerspaces] Trouble getting to the wiki

maxigas maxigas at anargeek.net
Tue May 12 20:13:40 CEST 2015

From: Joshua Pritt <ramgarden at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [hackerspaces] Trouble getting to the wiki
Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 10:00:21 -0400

> We changed our wiki over to HTTPS recently and now all mobile chrome browsers
> do not allow you to visit the page.  From what I saw there isn't even a "I
> understand the risks, continue anyway" option like there is on desktop Chrome.

Which is a Good Thing. Even if certificates are b0rken, client at least try to
have a good look at the certificate presented by a website and arrive to some
conclusions. Otherwise there is no hope in improving it. The sad thing is that
it has to be a private sector actor who kind of unilaterally enforces such
rules.

--
maxigas, kiberpunk
FA00 8129 13E9 2617 C614 0901 7879 63BC 287E D166

A:  Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion.
Q:  Why is top-posting bad?