[hackerspaces] Tools for pricing consumables

Shirley Hicks shirley at velochicdesign.com
Mon May 11 18:12:15 CEST 2015

Good morning from Birmingham, Alabama (US)

What is everyone using to price their consumables?
What consumables are you pricing out separately, and which are you simply rolling into workspace/lab overhead?

We're gather high/low data regarding local paper and inkjet/laser supplies, as well as commercial printing charges, and using that to build a pricing model for paper consumables.

We're also doing the same for our 3D printing ABS spools.
At this point it's rough (a couple of data  points for each), but will be good enough for our purposes.

We're staring with Excel spreadsheets, but are looking to automate both the gathering of the data and the pricing ASAP.
Is anyone using "data scrapers" to gather this, and if so, what are you using?

Would there be interest for an automated pricing model to make this process easier?

Shirley Hicks
Red Mountain Makers
Birmingham, AL
www.redmountainmakers.org