[hackerspaces] Alcohol policies?

dosman dosman at packetsniffers.org
Tue Mar 31 00:09:15 CEST 2015

I want to believe that our communities will generally have good results with drugs and alcohol in our spaces. By our nature we trust our members to not dismember themselves on dangerous equipment. This self-selects people who won’t subject themselves to situations where they could lose out to natural selection. If that were not the case your space would likely fail out anyway from people who can’t handle themselves to begin with. This of course does not preclude good judgement like having liability waivers and even informal policies about no-drinking and use of power tools. But it’s less likely that not having these last two items will earn your space a darwin award.