[hackerspaces] Alcohol policies?

Dave tallycast at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 23:04:28 CEST 2015

We're currently looking at alcohol use in the space.  There are some
members who think it's a really bad idea (drunks and power tools) while
others think it's a matter of personal responsibility.

We also have been hosting occasional "reception" events for various
organizations as a way of increasing visibility and recruiting members.
Beer and wine are served at those events, but the breakers to the tools are
turned off.

I'm wondering if other spaces have considered alcohol use, and how that's
worked out?

Cheers,
David