[hackerspaces] Moderation of this list.

Walter van Holst walter at revspace.nl
Thu Feb 26 17:01:17 CET 2015

On 2015-02-26 16:25, peter wrote:

> Our friendly moderator hellekin writes:
>
> "As much as I hate being the bad guy, a secret part of me likes to
> kill threads."
>
> "You're turning your frustration into aggressiveness."
>
> "Grow up and be excellent to each other."
>
> hellekin to me on IRC:
>
> "02:58 <hellekin> you're turning your brains into a shit salad.  Get a
> fucking life moron. "

> Are people like hellekin really the kinds of people we want moderating
> and representing our community?

Frankly, I'm on the fence on this one. First of all, he clearly values
your intellectual capacity. Secondly his advice that it might be
worthwhile for you to consider realising  the rather obvious room for
growth in the maturity and perspective department you possess is
excellent on substance. Lots of people actually pay life coaches for
such advice. His way of putting it leaves in itself something to be
desired from a courtesy perspective and also makes him less marketable
as a life coach. But the hacker ethic values substance over form anyway.

So all in all, as an example of someone not being excellent to another,
this does not meet the obviousness test of being non-excellent to me.

Regards,

  Walter