[hackerspaces] Leadership abusing powers. Bullying. Extraordinary General Meetings.

Mark Rosenblitt-Janssen dreamingforward at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 02:08:22 CET 2015

Okay, I'm going to step in.   I hope y'all haven't tuned out.

There are individuals who simply have no home.  It's like a jigsaw
puzzle.  In the analogy, everyone's different just like every piece of
a puzzle is different.  Nearly everyone finds a place to fit into the
"world jigsaw puzzle", but once in a great while, there are pieces
that don't fit.  It's because these piece didn't come from the main
puzzle.  They're MISFITS (get it?).

So what are they to do?  Do you tell them to go somewhere else?  Do
you complain about their "incessant behaviors"?  That's what most of
the ppl on the mailing list are saying.  And what do these people hope
to accomplish by sending them away?  At least my idea of a hackerspace
was to provide an economic sanctuary for these individuals.  Maybe the
rest you are making McDonald's of hackerspaces.

These events happen because the jigsaw picture that the world is
trying to arrange is wrong or incomplete.  MIT noticed this and
accommodated misfits quite well.  Once they were called nerds, but now
they're considered cool.  Despite this, the real sea-change from a
follow-the-leader society to an enlightened society is one I'm still
attempting to create.   Perhaps in his own unique way Peter is too.
If the way were already known by existing leaders, it would have
happened by now, so the fact that it hasn't means that you have to
throw a random bit in there, like nature does for natural selection.
Peter!

Anyway, the existing leadership is probably incapable of channeling
the extra energy that Peter has into productive use.  When you see the
comparison to natural selection, you can develop the tolerance.

Marxos