[hackerspaces] Leadership abusing powers. Bullying. Extraordinary General Meetings.

Dan Schmidt dandaman9000 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 25 20:16:45 CET 2015

> Please explain to me why it was hard for them to ignore. It seems very
> simple to me. Just don't read or reply.

To decide if something was worth reading you have to read it first. Duh. If you start a conversation about one thing and then derail it and turn it into something else how do others know when it's back on topic? They have to read it. Really, you're a lot nosier/disruptive than you realise.

> Please explain how my posts were threatening. Was there some suggestion
> that I was going to hurt the cleaner?

Dehumanising *anyone* is hurtful. Duh.

> Does that sound like someone that's threatening cleaners?

You flip flop so much it's hard to predict what you're going to do next. Unpredictability can also seem threatening. Besides - you called your own behaviour dehumanising, I'm merely pointing out that's a Bad Thing(tm). Regardless, this is irrelevant. This is the real issue:

> Social conventions are often bad.
> Challenging what is 'normal' is a good thing.

And that's the crux of the problem. Makers use hackerspaces to join forces to create things(objects, software, et al). They rely on social convention in order to cooperate and pool resources. Cooperation and compromise are core values of any hackerspace. You need a basic, stable protocol for communication in order to collectively achieve any greater objective. If you're only there to tear down their social conventions and not to make/hack then it's the wrong organisation for you. That's like walking in and dismantling the space's 3D printer because you think you can do it better. They're using the 3D printer and don't want you to dismantle it. If you had simply invited members to participate in a separate discussion about building a 3D printer (or challenging social conventions) in the privacy of a separate topic, IRC channel, whatever things may have turned out differently.

I suggest you go start your own group to challenge social conventions and leave the makers to their making. They banned you.