[hackerspaces] Post: i3 Detroit: The Making of a Hackerspace

Rachel Uwa info at schoolofma.org
Wed Apr 22 15:10:49 CEST 2015

hi Edward,

thanks for sharing! one thing that came to mind is that the main image has
not much diversity for being in Detroit. What does the community attribute
this to out of curiosity? Do you also do events for the public or just have
members pay to use the space?

no judgement, I know diversity doesn't always come easy if ever, but it's
definitely worth it to
think about.. no doubt you all have I assume? thanks in advance for your
reply:)

kind regards,
Rachel

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 2:45 PM, Edward L Platt <ed at elplatt.com> wrote:

> Here's a post I wrote reflecting on being a part of i3 Detroit over the
> first several years. Thought y'all might find it interesting.
>

> https://readfold.com/read/elplatt/i3-detroit-the-making-of-a-hackerspace-HJbifeqd
>
> --
> Edward L. Platt
> http://elplatt.com
> http://civic.mit.edu/users/elplatt
> http://i3detroit.com
> @elplatt <http://twitter.com/elplatt>
>
> This electronic mail message was sent from my desktop personal computer.
> Please forgive any long-winded, overly-prosaic ramblings.

*Founder / School of Machines, Making & Make-Believe  |   *
http://schoolofma.org/