[hackerspaces] Post: i3 Detroit: The Making of a Hackerspace

Shirley Hicks shirley at velochicdesign.com
Wed Apr 22 15:01:51 CEST 2015

Great post, Edward.

For context, Edward has been most helpful as our group in Birmingham AL has been solidifying and growing. We looked carefully at what i3, Freeside in Atlanta and Pumping Station One have done, and have cheerfully borrowed many ideas (and wiki language. Thanks!).
Here are two posts that I recently wrote about where the Red Mountain Makers are in our startup process.
http://www.velochicdesign.com/2015/04/03/making-a-makerspace-part-1/
http://www.velochicdesign.com/2015/04/08/making-a-makerspace-part-2/

Shirley Hicks
Secretary