[hackerspaces] Does the maker culture get the step on the hackers culture?

Volatile Compound volatilecompound at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 09:50:35 CEST 2014

On 7/3/14, 8:46 PM, Mark Janssen wrote:
> Sorry they're
> all self-authored, but it seems that no one else has done the analysis
> and because other resources you probably already know of:
>
> I'm hate to say it, but no one has analyzed this shit deeper than I
> have.  I hope you'll read it, because I get depressed that no one can
> tell shit from shinola and Good from Evil.

Pardon me while I do that incredibly sterotypically hackerish thing that
we're all apparently meant to do by whatever measures all hackers should
conform to (while being total nonconformists and all), but:

The fuck?

Seriously - who the hell (other than yourself) decided that you are the
ne plus ultra authority on all that ails America?

No, your writing isn't offensive to me; rather, it's laughable because
it simply doesn't stand up to critical thinking.  What I do find mildly
irksome, however, is your arrogance and presumptuousness, and
specifically that you seem to believe that you can tell me (or anyone
else) that we need to mould ourselves to your ideas of how the world
should work.

For someone who seems to hold the apparent hacker ideal of freedom of
thought in high regard, everything of yours that I have read seems to
indicate that we should all bend to your will, as your will and ideals
are the only ones that are correct.  Bloody hypocrite.

Kindly stop presuming to speak for me or anyone else, and feel free to
eat shit and die if you think for one second that I will tolerate you
presuming to do so.  You certainly have the right to speak your mind,
but your mind is certainly not mine - and neither should you assume that
it is anyone else's.

HAND, HTH, FOAD.

- skroo.