[hackerspaces] Does the maker culture get the step on the hackers culture?

Jens a.madman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 23:02:45 CEST 2014

Here in Kansas (and I'm sure elsewhere), there is a negative connotation to
the term "hacker", so to the public we are "makers".  Internally we use
"hacker" and "maker" (almost) interchangably and, like others on this list,
don't really care what we're called as long as we get to
create/make/hack/repurpose/etc and aren't "bad guys" for doing so.

Jens