[hackerspaces] Does the maker culture get the step on the hackers culture?

Aurélien DESBRIÈRES aurelien at hackers.camp
Thu Jul 3 22:56:08 CEST 2014

Torrie Fischer <tdfischer at hackerbots.net> writes:

> On Thursday, July 03, 2014 22:07:43 Aurélien DESBRIÈRES wrote:
>> A simple question that is real.
>>
>> Google the words and look the difference.
>>
>> Recently I told to someone on the list to the importance of words.
>>
>> Or the black side stick on the hackers word seems to goes against our
>> culture.
>
> To me, "hackers" hack, and "makers" make. I happen to make things with my
> hands using the pragmatism that most hackers share.
>
> Am I a makerhacker? hackermaker?
>
> Not sure it matters though, I'm busy doing cool shit instead of trying to
> stick a label on what I do ;)

Certainly.

Maybe you are right in the what you are.

It does not matter for us, we do things, and we try to do them as best
as we can.

But to share that things as best as possible, words get all its
importance.

(that is just a point of view, share on a discussion list to make it
evolve as best as possible)

<#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>

--
Aurélien DESBRIÈRES