[hackerspaces] In defense of Noisebridge (even if I was never there!)

Al Billings albill at openbuddha.com
Thu Jul 3 19:00:14 CEST 2014

No offense, really, but fuck your politics. :-)

Yes, hacking is more than making things. That doesn’t mean that if a space doesn’t embrace some anarchist ideology as its primary motivating force, it isn’t a hackerspace. I’m here to hack. If I want to feed the homeless, I’ll volunteer at a soup kitchen.

On Jul 3, 2014, at 9:58 AM, David Potocnik <david.potocnik at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hacking is more than just making stuff. Just making stuff is ....
> fine. And that's me out of here.
>
> On 3 July 2014 18:48, Al Billings <albill at openbuddha.com> wrote:
>> I’ve always found that to be a bullshit distinction. The only people that I know that use it are those that want to label someone’s hackerspace as a “makerspace” and not really a “hackerspace” because it doesn’t fit some personal criteria.
>>
>> On Jul 3, 2014, at 9:46 AM, David Potocnik <david.potocnik at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hackerspaces vs Makerspaces.

Al Billings
albill at openbuddha.com