[hackerspaces] Let's end the unnecessary joining of the words "food" and "hacking"

Jordan Miller jrdnmlr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 11:39:44 CET 2014

hacking origin predates computers and perhaps started as someone in a
jungle holding a machete. also Jason from the movie halloween. he was
a ridiculously famous hacker. that was the common parlance at the
time.

language changes, though we are wont to resist it.

we can consider that language doesn't come from groups of people
agreeing to follow dictionary rules. rather, dictionary rules come
from following common usage of sounds and phrases.

indeed, there was a time not too long ago that "computer hacking" as
it is commonly used today was not part of the dictionary definition.
but that has changed.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/life/evolution/language-evolve.htm

jordan