[hackerspaces] Safe Space Policies?

matt matt at nycresistor.com
Mon Jan 27 06:09:24 CET 2014

So here are some ideas I have for diversity signs to put up:

"If you feel you must shed the blood of the non-believers please do so
outside."

"We do not condone the genocide of ethnic minorities on premises."

"The production of chemical weapons intended for the use of the eradication
of indigenous populations is strictly prohibited at this facility."

"This is a mass grave free zone".

"No public lynching classes will be accepted onto the calendar."

"Wearing your Klan outfit in the machine room is dangerous, it could get
caught in the lathe."

"No shirt, no shoes, no soldering irons."

"Please refrain honor killings, the space is NOT equipped with a field of
honor."

"We do not condone eugenics research on human beings willing or unwilling
in the space, please contact Genspace or another biohacking space in the
city."

"The kitchen will no longer stock kiwi's as they have been deemed
derogatory to the noble people and sheep of New Zealand."

... just a few ideas jotted down.  my mind is a busy bee hive of
imagination and ideas.  I am so glad you've turned me around on this one
Al.  This is going to be tremendous fun.