[hackerspaces] Safe Space Policies?

Russ Garrett russ at garrett.co.uk
Sun Jan 26 13:43:03 CET 2014

I'd recommend not using the term "Safe Space"; there is a specific
meaning attached which likely doesn't line up with what you're
intending.

I don't have any specific advice, but I am personally not a fan of a
lot of these harassment policies which involve endless lists of
possible transgressions. This is London Hackspace's Code of Conduct
which I wrote (it's not perfect but it's much better than nothing at
all):

https://wiki.london.hackspace.org.uk/view/Code_of_Conduct

And you may want to take a look at the Computer Anonymous rules which
have been argued over by a lot of people more knowledgable about this
than me. I think they strike a very good balance:

http://computeranonymous.org/

Cheers,

Russ