[hackerspaces] any recommendations for handling of a troll?

Edward L Platt ed at elplatt.com
Mon Feb 17 23:47:04 CET 2014

Not feeding the troll, as everyone has already said, is the best option.

Some additional thoughts: The book "Team Geek" has a really good bit about
how to handle exactly this kind of behavior.  One thing they recommend is
responding to whatever is valid in the person's comments.  If the whole
thing is off-topic then blocking may be best, but a short, rational, and
plain response to an irrational and unfriendly email is usually similarly
effective, and sometime turns an unproductive conversation to a productive
one (see Wikipedia's "Assume Good Faith" policy).

-Ed

On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 6:32 PM, Georges Kesseler <georgeskesseler at yahoo.com

Edward L. Platt
http://elplatt.com