[hackerspaces] Accommodations for lower income space members

Pete Prodoehl raster at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 16:49:43 CET 2014

At Milwaukee Makerspace we've run our "Makership" program a few times,
which is gives someone a 3-month membership for free to work on
something cool. The program is outlined here:

     http://milwaukeemakerspace.org/makership/

Besides that, we've had members who needed help and other members have
pitched in XX number of dollars each month to help them cover their
membership. This is sort of a mini-crowdfunding method of covering
someone's dues, I guess.

We also do a sort of decreased dues thing for students, veterans, family
members, etc. (Though we'll probably move to a single membership level
this year, which will make much of this moot.)

Pete