[hackerspaces] Accommodations for lower income space members

hadez hadez.hso at nrrd.de
Sun Feb 16 16:36:15 CET 2014

On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 3:22 PM, Shirley Hicks
<shirley at velochicdesign.com> wrote:
> Do you:
> a) have some sort of sponsorship program?

there's a reduced rate of 8 EUR/month for students, job-less, pensioners.
Regular fee is 20 EUR/month.
However, you're not required to be a member to drop by the space.

> b) have a credits-for-space work/administration system?

No. Then again, we're a charitable org and while the legal structure
we chose does allow us to hire people under specific rules, it does
not allow us to favor individual members over others.

The point is, we wanted a _hackerspace_ to do awesome stuff and get
our hands on tools that we couldn't afford individually on our own,
not a company.
We don't want to make money off it, we just want to keep going.
The fact that we needed some legal structure and membership fees to
pay the bills is simply a necessary evil.

--
hadez
shackspace.de