[hackerspaces] re-vamping theory page on hackerspaces.org

Andrew Schrock aschrock at usc.edu
Tue Feb 11 21:54:28 CET 2014

On Feb 10, 2014, at 10:20 PM, Mark Janssen <dreamingforward at gmail.com> wrote:
> That's great.  I'm going just put myself on a limb, and just say that
> I happen to know quite a bit about the theory of hackerspaces. (long rant deleted)

This isn't really that complicated Mark. Make a wiki page or blog post on why hackerspaces will save the world according to Mark Janssen, and here check out this whiteboard diagram from 2010 with two triangles on it that explains everything. Stick it under a title like "utopian visions of hackerspaces" or whatever on the theory wiki page. There you go. Your voice has been heard and participation noted. Maybe it will help me follow whatever it is you're on about (can't make heads or tails of it).

On Feb 11, 2014, at 7:46 AM, Miikka Saukko <otter at iki.fi> wrote:
>   Given that this was never brought up in the theory mailing list, it's
>   premature to say it is dead. "I'm not using [x] as no-one is using
>   [x]" is maybe the best reason for not doing something. Actually I
>   think many community problems stem from this (cleaning places,
>   general volunteering etc).
Point taken but nobody has posted on theory in the last year. I'd rather post where there's actually discussion. The lack of discussion on the theory list and the lack of traffic on the theory page are linked of course. Let's not get into some "this isn't the right venue" argument for a mailing list that's already low traffic huh?