[hackerspaces] Hardware Freedom Day, Saturday March 15 2014!

Frederic Muller - DFF fred at digitalfreedomfoundation.org
Tue Feb 11 06:52:46 CET 2014

Dear all,

As we announced earlier this year [1], Hardware Freedom Day [2] will be
celebrated on March 15th this year. While we did a soft launch about 3
weeks ago (still had some details to iron out) we are please to
officially launch this week.

Note that besides the celebration related to Education Freedom [3]
earlier this year, we believe education is a big topic among
hackerspaces as we have seen on this list, be it to educate the younger
crowd or just for us the "older bunch" who love to learn new things
everyday. While a lot of the major Open Hardware projects already have
quite a lot of documentation on the topic, some quite interesting
approaches use either physical data to convey the notion of programming
to kids, or insert a simulation layer to make the technology more
accessible to the younger audience (like Etoys and physical Etoys).

Anyway the event is really about reaching out about Open Source
Hardware, your hackerspace and all the associated topics and we hope
that this event will add significant value to what you are doing
already! Current registered events can be found here at
http://www.hfday.org/map/ .

Of course you can contact us either by replying here, or on our mailing
list [4].

All the best and happy HFD!

Fred