[hackerspaces] Cashpoint/Point-of-Sale

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Tue Apr 29 15:28:31 CEST 2014

  Hi!

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 02:48:56PM +0200, schinken wrote:
> we're looking for a Cashpoint/Point-of-Sale software for a long time for
> our space.
>
> Currently (which means since 2 years...) we're using a tally sheet. But
> that's really confusing over time, with more members, etc..
>
> We're looking for a solution that provides this:
>
> * Barcode Scanner for member and article scanning support
> * Prepaid

  Take a look at: http://brmlab.cz/project/brmbar

  It has some documentation too. :-)

> optional but wanted:
>
> * Different payment methods (PayPal, Bitcoin, debit,..)
> * Automatic invoices to users
> * LDAP auth/conn

  It doesn't support either, but hopefully should be easy to extend.
Normally, you can buy either for cash or on your credit account,
but adding ways to refill the credit account should be fairly
straightforward.  There is no authentication in our setting, we operate
it on a purely honor system.

> Does anyone know something that would fit our needs?
> We're tired of searching and evaluating software like OpenERP or
> something else

  If you want something more advanced, I'm not sure if there are any
realistic options but OpenERP.

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis