[hackerspaces] Hackerspaces survey on Free/Libre Open Source Software

Shirley Hicks shirley at velochicdesign.com
Tue Apr 8 00:23:40 CEST 2014

Mike - one question you may wish to ask your board of directors is whether or not they've acquired access to discounted licenses through TechSoup.org or another vendor.
Quite a few of the commercial software companies will make things available to 501(3)c status non-profits; if I'm not mistaken, there is some tax advantage for them to do so.

What is the focus of most of the members at your hackerspace? Industrial design and development? Engineering? Software development? The digital arts?

-- Shirley Hicks
Red Mountain Makers
Birmingham, AL
http:www.redmountainmakers.org