[hackerspaces] Hackerspaces survey on Free/Libre Open Source Software

Ben Brown ben at generik.ca
Mon Apr 7 23:23:24 CEST 2014

Maybe it's just the wording, but it sounds like you may want to
re-define a hackerspace as a FLOSS-only environment, to the exclusion of
spaces that may use proprietary software?

I've been to a handful of difference hackerspaces in North America, and
I can't think of one where I didn't see *something* that was using
proprietary tools or software. Sometimes there's no practical choice
otherwise.

Ben