[hackerspaces] Getting some USB Product IDs

Moritz moritz at headstrong.de
Fri Sep 6 11:47:07 CEST 2013

On 09/06/2013 10:38 AM, Alexander Dahl wrote:
> Hei hei,
>
> while playing around with USB on ATtiny85 I had a look how USB Vendor
> IDs are assigned and found them to be really expensive, enough you
> wouldn't get one for your hackerspace, it's simply too much money. Are
> there institutions already having a Vendor ID which would give you some
> (few) PIDs for your own devices for a lower price?

"As the openmoko products have been discontinued, Openmoko Inc. is
opening up the use of its Vendor ID for use by the Free and Open Source
software and hardware communities. This means you can simply register
your devices and will get an allocation of a Product ID for free."

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/USB_Product_IDs