[hackerspaces] Insurance, liability and kids

bussiere bussiere bussiere at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 18:27:12 CEST 2013

---------- Message transféré ----------
De : "john lunger" <justj1915 at yahoo.com>
Date : 4 sept. 2013 19:14
Objet : Re: [hackerspaces] Insurance, liability and kids
À : "Hackerspaces General Discussion List" <discuss at lists.hackerspaces.org>

I would like a deep discussion about insurance, liability and kids.

We were at a great hackerspace last night and they have weekly events for
kids.

Unfortunately the landlord goes on rampages and happened to rampage about
the kids being in a common room last night in front of the kids and parents.

One of my daughters (11yrs ) was privy to this unfortunately and is still
talking about it this morning. She is a bit worried that she won;t be able
to go back to this hackerspace as she really enjoys her time there. Luckily
I don't think my other kids heard it. Maybe my preschooler  may have but he
might have also been oblivious about the whole thing.

Several adults went and corralled the landlord outside to get him to calm
down. My daughter says she is worried he will come back and do that again.

According to the adults he was complaining about some kind of liability
issue and insurance among other things.

I don;t think this hackerspace has looked into insurance yet or might be in
the process of it right now after last nights event.

Can anyone shed some light to this whole thing?
What options does a hackerspace has with an unruly landlord?
What can we do bureaucratic wise to make him quiet down?

Carolyn