[hackerspaces] Who offers course material for teaching at a hackerspace?

Nick Meinhold nick.meinhold at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 01:03:00 CEST 2013

I recently came across something you might find helpful:

http://www.opentechschool.org/

"...a community initiative offering free programming workshops and meetups
to technology enthusiasts of all genders, backgrounds, and experience
levels. It supports volunteer coaches in setting up events by taking care
of the organizational details, encouraging coaches to create original
teaching material. This material is then openly shared online and can be
further developed by contributions from the global OTS community."

On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 8:47 AM, Gui Cavalcanti <gui at artisansasylum.com>wrote:

> Sparkfun has a fantastic 'teach the teachers' side to them now, in
> addition to having guided learning for individuals. Check out the sparkfun
> curriculum section of their site here:
> https://learn.sparkfun.com/curriculum
>

> Joshua Pritt <ramgarden at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I think you can find a good bit on adafruit.  They have a big hacker
> sc0uts section if memory serves.
> Otherwise you could start a project and ask for help getting it going. I
> was thinking about starting up a codecademy type class at makers local 256.
> I travel so much for work it would be hard to nail down an exact schedule.
> On Sep 1, 2013 2:14 PM, "Phil Squid" <phillip at squidfoo.com> wrote:
>
>> I've seen merit badges and I know I've seen information on teaching
>> different things like soldering and the like. Can you all help me find this
>> sort of info?
>>
>> Phil

Nicholas Meinhold
T: +61 (0)447 591 141