[hackerspaces] Links with talks and tutorials and info on how to make a hackerspace

James Carlson james at schoolfactory.org
Sun Oct 27 19:42:20 CET 2013

On working with adults:

Think about what adults want to do--regardless of their age, or status. There are any number of things:

"I need a place where I can work on my projects without my family there to distract me."

"I have always wanted to:

* open a business

* create some art

* invent something

* try something new

but when I was young, my

* parent

* authority

* school

told me I couldn't, would I be allowed to do those things at your space?"

And of course the response is: "Yes, come and help us make the space and we promise to say 'yes'!"

On forming a space: https://atrium.schoolfactory.org/spacekit/home

https://prezi.com/_ts5ubbabu-n/hackerspace-facilitator-workshop-at-cccamp2011/

Happy to help with specific issues also--it's our full-time focus.

James

--
James Carlson
414-215-0215